Thursday, July 11, 2013

When its Over

Wow its been less than a month since our first surgery.. well not our first surgery but my 5 yr old first surgery.
The day was beyond stressful and we had a lot of emotions going in but what parent doesn't when you know your child is being operated on.
Thank goodness we have an amazing doctor who works wonders and has hands like an angel.

Our surgery day was June 19th at 730am so we had an early early start that day and we drove the 15 minutes to the hospital all ready and prepared and my 5 yr old in the backseat sleeping on the way there.
We got to the hospital and got situated in the pre op room and they gave her some medicine to help her relax.
What FUN that was.. hahaha.
The doctor came in the room to just make sure we and everything was ready and my daughter kept saying 'Hi Doctor Gilmer' over and over and over and over.
She left then an nurse walked in and my 5 yr old got very very upset and I asked why and her reaction was 'DR GILMER WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SKIN'
I laughed so so hard.

Surgery happened.. we waited.. recovery room fun began as my daughter ripped out her catheter and was kicking and screaming and just plain down scared.
Our hospital stay was amazing and she is amazing.

Since leaving the hospital she hasn't needed a drop of pain medicine or anything.

I cant believe we made it through the hospital stay and made it through keeping our sanity.

Believe ME this surgery has been a relief and I couldn't be happier with the results and the future for my daughter.

She has recovered wonderfully and you wouldn't know that she just had surgery.
Kids are amazingly resilient little people and for me I saw first hand how resilient they are.

I guess we move forward now to surgery number 2 which happens in August.

For right now we are enjoying our summer though for whatever reason we got here I know that we are going to spend every minute enjoying the time we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment