Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Brony Epidemic

I wanted to post about this because I have never seen a Brony or met a Brony until today.

If you don't know what a Brony is, here is a description:

A brony is a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that is outside the target demographic of little girls.

Ok so I don't have a problem with people other than young little girls liking the show but to tell you the truth I don't truly get the whole thing surrounding the fan base for this show.

Yes its cute.
Yes its funny sometimes.

But why do older men and women from teenage years to adult years love this show so much.

We went to see the new My Little Pony movie in the theatre today and the whole 2 back rows was filled with teenage boys and adult men.

It threw me for a loop to say the least.

To say this is a small following is a total lie because Bronies are popping up everywhere.
With blogs, to fan fiction writing, to art, to even their own convention called Brony-Con 2013.

I am just shocked that something that was made for little girls has turned into such an phenom.

Looking through some of the pictures of the Bronies I am seeing women dressed in pony fashion from head to toe and sometimes it not being to kid friendly.

I am hoping my daughter out grows her love of My Little Pony but if not she always has the Brony Team to join once shes older.



No comments:

Post a Comment